Anaphylaxis caused by allergic reaction is becoming more prevalent; this qualification is designed to provide the information and skills to recognise and deal with life threatening anaphylaxis.
- Basic life support
- Primary survey
- Dealing with collapse
- Identifying common triggers
- Recognising signs and symptoms
- Appropriate treatment
- Casualty positioning
- Identifying the features of various auto-injectors
- Demonstrating safe use of auto-injectors
- Sharps disposal
- Roles and responsibilities
This is a practical course with predominantly practical methods, the qualification is assessed by tutor observation of practical performance and questioning.
Qualification training requires:
- Tutor contact time of 4 hours.
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio.
- Successful completion will result in the candidate gaining the qualification certificate ITC Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support & Management of Anaphylaxis.
- The qualification is re-validated by attending another qualification training course after 3 years – it is recommended that candidates attend annual refresher training.