(Dual Awarded with ITC Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid)
The requirements for Forest School First Aid can be met by completing a 2 day ITC Level 3 Award in First Aid. However many groups prefer or require specialist and tailored training involving infants for instance, with a tailored, contextualised approach to content often mixing elements of infant/child/adult training as determined by the group. This training course is designed to provide that flexibility.
All ITC awarded 8-hour and 16-hour courses are delivered from the same manual. The assessments for Forest School First Aid, Outdoor First Aid, Outdoor First Aid Emergency Action and Emergency First Aid at Work +F are very similar, with courses being assessed in the same way. When attending one of these courses, it may run alongside another course – however, you will only be awarded the qualification for the course which you enrolled for. Should you require a second award or dual award, it is possible to be assessed for this at the same time. For more information, or to find out about any additional fees which may apply, please contact us.
- Roles & responsibilities
- Adult/child/infant specific treatments
- Dealing with collapse (with and without breathing)
- Major illnesses
- Torso and limb injuries
- Environmental effects
- Heat and cold injuries
- Using first aid kit
- Outdoor specific scenarios
- Outdoor incident management and looking after a casualty for more than 10 minutes
This course is designed to provide outdoor incident management skills. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical, with elements occurring out of doors in outdoor clothing and on various terrains.
Qualification training requires:
- Minimum tutor contact time of 16 hours (excluding breaks).
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio.
- Course must be completed within 9 weeks of starting.
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours.
- Successful completion will result in candidate gaining ITC Certificate in Forest School First Aid.
- The qualification is re-validated by attending another similar course after 3 years.